Bigger fuel injectors more power

wizzer

Road Burner
Car
VW Golf 2.0 TDi
Will bigger capacity fuel injectors make more power in an engine?

If I went from 45cc/min to 75cc/min injectors would I make more power? What else would I have to do?

Not on their own. Your existing injectors won't be running at full capacity, unless you have modified the engine, so increasing their size will have no effect.

To see an improvement from bigger injectors you need to increase the engine's capacity (not size) to gulp in more air so more fuel can be burnt.

Big injectors at low flow rates won't atomise fuel especially well.
What about two sets along the lines of Sierra Cosworth?

Correct, I forgot to mention that :)

If you have an ECU that can deal with 8 injectors running as two sets of four with the second set only used when required, then this is the best way. However, you will also need an 8 port manifold and fuel rail so bigger injectors is the normal way to go until you get into the higher power levels, say around 450bhp.

Not on their own. Your existing injectors won't be running at full capacity, unless you have modified the engine, so increasing their size will have no effect.

To see an improvement from bigger injectors you need to increase the engine's capacity (not size) to gulp in more air so more fuel can be burnt.

OR add a bigger turbo and or increase boost pressure.;) :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back