Beware the fog

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
We had some really thick really patchy fog down here!

You're driving along on a clear road and then suddenly you are in thick fog where 30mph is too quick!

It's caught out a lot of drivers, I saw many rear end shunts. Sadly drivers were going too fast, failing to slow down when the fog was thick and some didn't even have fog lights on!

Considering most seem to put fog lights on when the weather is rainy why do they not bother in thick fog.

Go careful out there chaps, there are some real idiots about!

Loads of cars round our way are just not using their fog lights at all! :}>:}>:}>:}>:}>

This infuriates me. "drivers" as opposed to "pilots"
African "driving" licence passed = forward, reverse, steer, brake pass, same in Russia.
Good drivers "pilot" a car, or other road vehicles. I find it difficult to find commonality with the people who blind you with fog lights, when there is a slight mist,and then the other drivers who don't even put any lights on at all in dawn and dusk and darker and foggier conditions.
But I think that most annoying is the incorrect use of sidelights. All I can say is thank God for at day time running lights on modern vehicles, because there idiot proof!!
Sidelights are for parking only in my opinion. The perception of drivers minds thinking there is some correlation between the type of visible light should be matched with putting on sidelights??? Its to do with being seen and not to see with.
Being a biker I am conscious of getting a head start on being seen. It's a good habit.
Side lights are virtually useless unless you are right on top of the vehicle. Fog, twilight, and rain, And in the dark, at first glance, you (can) assume that the car is parked.
Rain on side mirrors and rear glass can in particular, make cars without lights or with just sidelights on invisible. Example. Joining a dual carriageway in the rain.
Why it is so unclear about correct use of lights beats me. Common sense just ain't common.