Torque Cars

Best year to buy a 911

Discussion in 'Porsche Forums' started by obi_waynne, 12 April 2010.

1. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    :amazed::amazed: I will never complain about the beast's costs ever again :lol:

2. aston

aston The Torque Meister

South Dorset
    Car:
    VOLVO and VW
    thats why I'm running a 1.8 mondeo, However maybe you can guess what I'm after

3. SLEEPER

SLEEPER Pro Tuner

Sorry but I have to question a few things - posting something doesnt make it so.

gearboxes last more than 100k for sure

The thing about lhd handling better doesnt have any factual basis apart from the fact that they were originally designed lhd. This was only because germany drives on the left !
    In fact 911s are one of the few cars where the steering rack isnt split unevenly. This means that lhd/rhd swop doesnt involve a steering rack change. (not on the earlier 911s anyway) so theoretically they should handle the same

and 2K for an engine rebuild ???

well over £3k for a top end rebuild and that was in 2004. You wont get change out of £10k to do a complete top to toe engine rebuild with genuine parts AT TODAYS PRICES.
    Ive got receipts for my rebuild and that was nearly £5k over twenty years ago.