Best sounding engine

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What would you say is the best sounding engine around?

Are you a V8 fan? Perhaps the supercharged engines are your thing or does the distinctive boxer engines do it for you? What about high revving exotic cars Maserati Ferrari and Aston Martin?

@T9 man engine sounds great, the slightly cammy burble at low revs!

What about the odd ones, the rotaries, the v5 or even the 3 cylinder models?

Is anyone going to pick diesel? I haven't ever heard a nice sounding diesel engine yet!

Well I have to admit mine sounds the business ;) and when you put you're foot down the exhaust note is intoxicating. Now I don't know what it is about the Maserati sports exhaust and the Lamborghini Diablo SV, not forgetting the new Ford GT, but these cars make a TRULY fearsome racket exhaust note wise. I can be found on many a boring day at work sampling exhaust notes on certain cars on You Tube :oops:

I will admit in my teens to driving around with a cassette tape of hot laps of silverstone in supercars being played really loudly!

One person actually thought the engine noises and tyre screeches belonged to my 1.3 Nova!

I have to say a 13B/20B 3 rotar, bridged and ported sounds the best to me.... Brapbrapbrapbrap
Unless your going strictly racing with the 4 rotar engine

I have to say a 13B/20B 3 rotar, bridged and ported sounds the best to me.... Brapbrapbrapbrap
Unless your going strictly racing with the 4 rotar engine

They are a love or hate them motor.:eek:But I was less than impressed that they were allowed to race at Le Mans until they won and the rules were rewritten to ban them\B :mad:

PS but you need shares in BP to help defray the cost of their prodigious drinking problem :rofl:

There are so many different exhaust sounds that I love BUT I just can't warm to the 2 cylinder truck motors in the Harleys \B\B\B

Love the Ducatti 998 Desmo sounds |B :)