Best diesel engines to remap

It would appear that dodge make two variations of the same engine, a 305bhp and a de-tuned version with 250bhp, so its the same chip for both. so 115bhp increase on the 305bhp engine, but still good value for money at $360.

5.9 litres to produce 305bhp is barely 50bhp/litre.

we know this as weve had, using the word cafefully here, performance diesels for a long time unlike the americans where diesel has only really kicked off in the last few years.

Here in the US they go for torque over hp because a lot of people use in trucks(i love trucks!:amuse:) for towing and construction. The only diesel car we have here that sells in even somewhat respectable numbers is the VW Jetta TDI. We have yet to make a diesel engine like the one in the Audi R10 TDI. We probably won't for a while.

Yeah those dodge cummings engines are very beasty, You can double there output quite easily,
this is a different diesel but the GM diesel that is offer in chevy truck was put into an old school chevy on pimp my ride, it ran on bio diesel and well over 600 hp, it beat a lambo in a drag race as well ;)

i suppose it's simple really, if you want power then bigger is always better

What is your take on the remappability of a PD vs CR VAG engine? Are the newer ones better?

Do you guys still rate the older 1.9 over the newer 2.0?