BEETLE CRAZY

sash

Car
1974 vw beetle
HOWSIT GUYS IM NEW HERE ..READING A FEW POSTS I KNOW I AM IN THE RIGHT PLACE I LOVE VW BEETLES I HAD A 61 AND NOW OWN 1974 BEETLE... SHE IS GOING TO BE MY FIRST SHOW CAR THAT I HAVE REBUILT..AND I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME AS I GO ALONG WITH MY DREAM CAR ..

Thanks guys..... I have the love of my life a Vw beetle ... I really want to put a new heart in her .... My aim is for a 13b rotory motor ... I did my research on the motor I know the pros and cons frm the things I have read but wat I need to know is how much punishment cn the motor handle and what is the other options of motors the same size that comes turbod from the factory ????I do not want to do alot of cut n weld I want avoid cut n weld much as possible

I am very biased but why not build your bug engine up ? I have a 1966 bug with a 2387 turbo engine I drive on the street so it can be done. My engine bolts right in just like yours and has eight times the HP that it came with from the factory . A 1776 or 1915 turbo engine would be alot of fun . This is just a suggestion , Mike

I am very biased but why not build your bug engine up ? I have a 1966 bug with a 2387 turbo engine I drive on the street so it can be done. My engine bolts right in just like yours and has eight times the HP that it came with from the factory . A 1776 or 1915 turbo engine would be alot of fun . This is just a suggestion , Mike
wow dude impressive .... i would love to do that but what process is it building an aircooled to reach that figure ... how did you start off your engine rebuild mike ... what did u do first on it and what must i do after the first step is taken..

To me it is like going on a road trip , you decide where you are going to end up and then plan the route. Be realistic with yourself and decide how much power you want and how big your budget is . I purchased my parts one at a time until I had enough to assemble something . It actually took me awhile to save the money for all the parts. Here is a very short vid of the street car , we were trying out a new turbo I built out of parts.
Have fun, Mike

How much HP do you need and how will the car be driven , daily driver main transportation or weekend pleasure vehicle ? Lets plan the trip and I will be happy to assist in any way.Mike
A vid of the same engine in my former red race car,
Mike

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

Sorry for my late reply, had quite a lot on recently and not been able to post as much on here as I would like.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

howsit guys ...been awhile i hope u guys r well...i finally am getting my bug done..i have gotten an ej20 non turbo motor for my 74 bug..i need help on ..what is the correct adapter to use to fit this motor.. how much of the back would i need to cut... and in terms of my bug suspension could i leave that stock just for awhile ..i willchange the brakes and will my stock gear box still work in the engine... could i get step by step help of exactly whats needs to be done ... i got about 8 000rand to get this done jus the motor in my bug is the first step..i have a good mac for the tricky parts

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back