Ban tiny cars outside cities

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your thoughts on those tiny cars
Like The smart and aygo etc?

Are they dangerous on motorways and should they be limited to cities and towns?

Would you l drive one on the motorways happily?

I wouldn't ban anything from anywhere.
Don't like censorship.
I don't like pseudo 4x4s and X-over cars.
But would I ban them just cos I don't like them personally?
No.

Why ban them?
They are not dangerous.
They take up less space on the road
They are fuel efficient.
I drive my Fox on Motorways and it isn't much bigger.

IF they can't attain and maintain close to the posted limits and lead to frustration of other motorway users then restrict them to the slow lanes and or fine the drivers if they are seen to be holding up the free flow of traffic.

IF they can't attain and maintain close to the posted limits and lead to frustration of other motorway users then restrict them to the slow lanes and or fine the drivers if they are seen to be holding up the free flow of traffic.

Interesting this. I don't hold up anyone, I have lane discipline. More accurately I have mirrors, eyes and brain cells. I agree with what you say, I hate the hold ups caused by people using a lane for dozens of miles on end without any thoughts of moving to the left.
Problem is enforcement. What RT offence are they committing?
They aren't exceeding the speed limit.
So how long is it admissible to remain in a lane before it constitutes a moving traffic offence. It's not documented anywhere.
I would like it to form part of law but how would we enforce it??

IMO people/drivers seem to think????? that because they are being law abiding and at say 10 kph/mph below the limit they are entitled to drive in any lane BUT they ARE NOT entitled to force other motorists to drive at their reduced speed and should keep to the left lane OR pull to the side where possible to allow banked up traffic to pass safely when on narrow roads.

Over here police on occasion have been known to direct slow drivers to pull over and question them as to why they are driving slowly and holding up traffic.

Our rules state that when the posted speed is 80 + KPH then one must use the left lane/s except when overtaking, turning right soon (not 5 miles further on) or in heavy congested peak hour traffic.There are fines and demerit points imposed for non compliance BUT unfortunatly there are never enough police around to enforce this rule and the general run of drivers seem to ignore this rule and drive for miles in the right/fast lane when the other lanes are clear.

Last edited:
I think we are almost always on the same page but express ourselves differently at times :) |B

Well I wonder where I would fit into this argument?

My to cars are currently the loopy mobile QT-R1000 and LWB S-Class Merc, so both ends of the spectrum! (planning to o pan-European rad trip in the tiddler next spring!

I would say, drive what you like, but be considerate of other road users, use your F***ing indicators, pull into the left hand lane(s) after over taking (especially on the motorway) and pull over to the right hand side of the lane when turning right so as too allow other motorists behind you to continue on their way.

Microcars are awesome!
but, it's more to do with how they are driven and by whom...