Car Tuning and Styling Car Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, and welcome. You will have to register for full access to our friendly car forums, and before you can post: click the sign up link to register (at the top right) it only takes a moment.
    (If you have already registered then you will need to log in.)

b20vtec tuning tips

Discussion in 'Honda Owners Forums' started by b20civic, 13 November 2009.

1. b20civic

b20civic Grease Monkey

Car:
    B20vtec 98 civic2dr
    Can anyobody give me some tips on what to do to make this car any faster. Ive ran it a couple of time but im not satisfied with it. So far its a stock b20 block with a b16a head with an intake a AEM cam gears. Does setting cam gear really make a difference? Any help will do tahnks.

2. MasterAuron

MasterAuron Very Senior Member

Car:
    Mk1 Focus RS
    Quite a large displacement increase what ECU you running it on? Hows the B16 head cope with that bottom end?

Timing can have quite a big effect on performance.

3. b20civic

b20civic Grease Monkey

Car:
    B20vtec 98 civic2dr
    Im running a chipped P28 with a LSvtec basemap. The head does okay with the block handles the gigh RPM's but I dont really rev it that hi I shift at 7000RPM. What are the suggestion for timming in this one. I just had it timed it good but I can adjust cam gear setting I have adjustable cam gears.

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Car:
    A3 2.0 TDI
    A little bit of advance can't be bad. Tweak it slowly and see how you get on. As soon as the engine starts running badly it's time to back it off a little. A lot depends where you want the power to end up.

5. b20civic

b20civic Grease Monkey

Car:
    B20vtec 98 civic2dr
    Any can help me out in this one. I need some tuning tips. What do you actually do when you say "tune". Im almost giving up on this car hehe.