b20vtec tuning tips

b20civic

Car
B20vtec 98 civic2dr
Can anyobody give me some tips on what to do to make this car any faster. Ive ran it a couple of time but im not satisfied with it. So far its a stock b20 block with a b16a head with an intake a AEM cam gears. Does setting cam gear really make a difference? Any help will do tahnks.

Quite a large displacement increase what ECU you running it on? Hows the B16 head cope with that bottom end?

Timing can have quite a big effect on performance.

Im running a chipped P28 with a LSvtec basemap. The head does okay with the block handles the gigh RPM's but I dont really rev it that hi I shift at 7000RPM. What are the suggestion for timming in this one. I just had it timed it good but I can adjust cam gear setting I have adjustable cam gears.

A little bit of advance can't be bad. Tweak it slowly and see how you get on. As soon as the engine starts running badly it's time to back it off a little. A lot depends where you want the power to end up.

Any can help me out in this one. I need some tuning tips. What do you actually do when you say "tune". Im almost giving up on this car hehe.