Torque Cars

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Audi TT owners say hello here!

Discussion in 'TT Forums' started by obi_waynne, 9 September 2008.

1. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Just heard on the radio that Audi owners are supposed to be the most promiscuous of all drivers. Does anyone care to confirm/deny ??? lol

2. rodhotter

rodhotter Wrench Pro

USA coal township
    Car:
    2001 audi TT
    a little update, got the 3" downpipe in a real PIA on a 225Q! the cat or not bolts to a flange on the downpipe allowing easy switching for offroad, it really makes a difference that looking at the quick response on the boost gauge shows. [​IMG]

3. Obione71

Obione71 Newbie

Sweden
    Car:
    Audi TT Q 1.8 TFSI
    Hi
    Mattias here from Sweden, I Have a Audi TT Quattro 1.8 1999 built for track days. Its the previous owner that built it, at the moment its stage 1 with ecu. The original engine is the one with 225 bhp and with stage 1 its now 245 bhp. I want to upgrade the engine to 300-350 bhp and wonder whats the easiest and cheapest thing to do to achieve goal. I hope i can get some help here. (how much bhp is possible/safe to get from the engine without changing pistons and shaft)

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 2.0 TDI
    Hi Obione71 nicr to meet another Audi owner. I would suggest Turbo upgrades, another remap and fast road cams will hit your target fairly easily.

The standard 1.8 AGU has some forged parts and is good for around 350bhp before things start breaking. The clutch and transmission can start to have issues around the 300bhp mark if it's an auto.