Audi driver looking for Info

Georg

Car
Audi A5 2.0 TFSI
Hi everyone,
I'm Georg, living in Germany, 56 years old.
Generally it is a great fun to drive my A5 Cabrio, but a litte drop of bitterness is about to spoil my pleasure.
Soon after buying the car I had realised a direct injection LPG System upgrade. Now everytime I try to go faster fuel cut outs occur at about 3500rpm in 6th gear. In lower gears the rpms are a bit higher.
If it were a EA113 engine it would be easy to point at the cam follower as cause but here we're talking about a EA888 engine.
At the Moment I have no idea what the reason could be, nor has my mechanic.

Georg

Also hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls. You're just one post away from your account upgrade!

Hi,
thanks for Your replies.
Does it do this when running on petrol?
As far as I tested it it doesn't, but eventually I should have a closer look at this.

Is the lpg system supplying enough gas? It sounds like a delivery problem when you call for peak flow.
Oh, it was past midnight when I wrote the post and forgot to mention some Facts.
Within last year the car showed error code P2293 (Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276): Mechanical Malfunction) for a couple of times, in 50% combined with P0190 (Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247): Circuit Malfunction - Upper Limit Exceeded).
After searching the web for about a week I am quite confused about the possible reasons. Camshaft/Cam follower might be excluded as it is about a EA 888 CDNC engine. But where else could I start a proper Analysis?

Georg

Hi,
thanks for Your replies.

As far as I tested it it doesn't, but eventually I should have a closer look at this.

Oh, it was past midnight when I wrote the post and forgot to mention some Facts.
Within last year the car showed error code P2293 (Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276): Mechanical Malfunction) for a couple of times, in 50% combined with P0190 (Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247): Circuit Malfunction - Upper Limit Exceeded).
After searching the web for about a week I am quite confused about the possible reasons. Camshaft/Cam follower might be excluded as it is about a EA 888 CDNC engine. But where else could I start a proper Analysis?

Georg
I wouldn't pay too much attention to old error codes, reset them and see what else crops up. I suspect it will be a bad sensor somewhere cutting or over fuelling.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back