Audi A8 bulbs

D

DocsA8

Just a quick one....I wanna put led bulbs in my A8, but not sure which ones to go for and if they're gonna throw up an error message... What type are the headlight, front fog, and can I go 100 watt main beam.... Rear number plate lights too thanks... A8 2008 quattro 3.0 tdi.....

LED headlights as a retrofit can't be done as far as I know. I imagine that you have HID Xenon dipped beams in an A8 anyway, they are high end high spec cars.

If not then you can convert to HID. There have been some questions over the legality of this, but so far nothing tested in court to my knowledge. Ideally you should have self levelling and headlight wash systems in place and working. Provided the HID conversion forms a good beam pattern you shouldn't encounter any problems.

The DfT has published a paper relating to HID conversion which initially suggests that it's unlawful but reading through it shows that it's only DfT's opinion. DfT's opinions in my estimation do not form any part of law. But then again, nor do mine, so it's up to you to make a decision.

Go to http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk for a list of other fitments.

A8 has amazing lights itself from the Company and even during the Foggy days it works well one of my friend has it and looks stunning.
Why would you want to change it though?