Torque Cars

audi a6 2.8

Discussion in 'A6/S6/RS6' started by ughFool, 6 December 2006.

1. ughFool

ughFool Full member

u.s.
    hola

my name is john, and i have a 1996 audi a6 2.8

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Hi John - nice car. Is it fast enough for you? Have you done any mods yet to it and what are your plans for the car?

3. ughFool

ughFool Full member

u.s.
    its not fast enough but it is a nice car. i want a turbo and a new exhaust system, a lot of online audi tuners seem to have performance packages for newer models, any suggestions

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Ithink your going to strugle with a turbo. I'd stick with some good old NASP tuning as IMHO it suits the engine better.

Cams - fast road cam. Induction kit with cold air feed, Sports exhaust with a 2-2.5 inch pipe, sports cat, Computer remap will help free up a little more power with these mods but not make much difference on its own.

Weight reduction - the car is a heavy one so anything you can do to cut down the weight will help a lot.

Hope this helps for a starter!

5. rmackinnon

rmackinnon Wrench Pro

UK, Mansfield
    Car:
    Audi A6 4.2 (1999)
    I had the same car for a while. induction kit sounds very sweet - especially when you give it beans in a tunnel!

Very cheap but effective mod.

6. Loz

Loz Torque King

Wolverhampton, U.K.
    Car:
    MX-5