audi 1.8 cams

audijoe

Car
2004 audi a4 1.8
my 2004 audi a4, 1.8 ran out of oil pressure. cam chain tensioner was damaged and chain may have jumped a notch. are the valves interference fit on these motors? will valves be bent?

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

Can't help you with this particular one, but someone will be along in a little while who will be able to answer your question ;)

Hello and welcome to the site mate

i think they are mate
this turned out well. I cleaned the oil pick-up which was plugged solid, then replaced the cam-chain tensioner which was toast. very expensive by the way. All back together and running well, no internal damage to valves, some scoring on the cam bearing journals but minor really. Very lucky this time.

your right. mate has a octavia vrs - more or less the same engine ) which has had to have 2 new turbos because of the pickup pipe becoming blocked

your right. mate has a octavia vrs - more or less the same engine ) which has had to have 2 new turbos because of the pickup pipe becoming blocked

Ok I have to ask this now! PG, if the first turbo blew due to a blocked pickup pipe then why was it not modified before the replacement turbo was fitted?

because the pick up pipes have a very fine mesh one them due to the being able to go 20k miles between services.

both time there has been a new pick up pipe fitted and its serviced by himself every 6months. think he was unlucky the 1st time as it was not long after he bought it, but no idea what was the cause the second time