Asking for directions?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
You are a bloke, hopelessly lost. Asking for directions is like saying I'm not a real man I'm a needy pathetic loser will someone help me! :oops:

So what is the best course of action. Buck the laws of masculinity, swallow your pride and ask someone for directions or keep driving around in the vane hope that you spot a road sign with a vaguely familiar place name on it. :?:

Do girls understand fully the GREAT ISSUES involved in asking for directions or are they just laughing at us all!

or carry a map. An AA atlas from last year will set you back about 99p from your local The Works. If you can't find your way with that, then you really aren't a real man and will have to lower yourself to asking the nearest inbreed where you are.

Judging by your answers blacklineninja you will never ask for directions - I bet you would rather saw off a leg :wink:

i dropped a man off at reading and started to go to cardiff only had about 40 miles to go but thats when i first started to drive. :oops: so i all way cearry a map :wink:

It just feels so lowly and wrong. I can sort myself out thank you very much.

Sometime's the missus doesn't like it, and she never ever trusts me after i've read the map ("it's just round here and past the next junction" - "it's not, you're taking us miles in the wrong directi... oh. You were right")

I had a bloke stop and ask me for directions once, he'd got a map, but obviously his missus had pecked him to stop, so i gave him random directions that ended with "drive to the top of the forbidden forest, park up at the castle and waiting for Igor to come out". :D

His missus looked at me aghast :shock: , and I could see him trying not to laugh. I like to hope she now trusts his map reading skills and won't resort to risking asking random strangers ever again.

Why cant men ask for directions??????? :? :?
I really cannot understand this, if you are lost does pride kick in that much?
My satnav has never got me lost, but even before the satnav, i have never had a problem asking for directions.

waynne said:
Asking for directions is like saying I'm not a real man I'm a needy pathetic loser will someone help me! :oops:

I think that answers your question Trooper. I wonder if there is an equivalent thing that girls do that blokes can never fully understand!

I never undertood the shopping or retail therapy thing. I really can't see the fun in shopping and the worst thing in the world is shopping for shoes!!(Sorry I'm going off topic a bit here!)