Are you more or less likely to modify your car next year?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Are you more or less likely to modify your car next year?

Please explain your answer? Are you on a budget? Really into cars and putting all your time and money into them? Have you got the perfect car already so no more mods are needed?

I think so but unsure of the exact nature the modification will come in. Thinking about a twin scroll turbo or possibly twin turbocharging the car, but need to do some more research.
Quite frankly the current setup ticks all the right boxes for me, I still get a buzz when I go through the startup procedure and hit the big button to fire the beast up :)

After the next 2 events will be removing the head for recoing as the valve stem seals and or guides appear to be worn and allowing oil past when backing off at the track and blowing blue smoke which disappears shortly after hard acceleration begins. Naturally the timing belt will be replaced and the head will clamped down on a Cometic MLS gasket.

Have carried out comp and leakdown tests and all ok

After that is done then out go the 650 cc injectors in go the 1000cc injectors and on goes the GT3076R Twin Scroll Garrett turbo with a V band turbine housing then off to my trusted dyno tuner to make sure all the settings are optimised.

Would have liked to get a GTX3076R but the cost was app $400.00 more so have to live within my means.

Last edited:
Over the next couple of years I will need to replace my suspension. When that happens it will be upgraded. But until it needs doing I wont do it. Saving for a house.

i am neither more or less likely to mod the stagea because modding will continue as it has done since I bought it roughly a decade ago.

the perfect car does not exist but I am getting less far away. (still a long way to go )

New motor should be fitted and running in a couple of months but that wont be the end of it.