Are you more inclined to buy an electric car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
With more and more electric cars on the roads and the recent TopGear/TV/Magazine features on them has your view of electric cars changed?

Tesla? Volt? Prius.... no scratch that last one we could never own one of those!

Do you think you'll ever get one? Are you more likely to consider a hybrid now than you were a few years back?

Being serious electric tech has come miles and is very clever. Take a look at the handling advantages of the negative torque during cornering on the electric SLS.

Problem is for me, the lack of a decent noise and the fact you have to stop for a day to charge the car enough to be able to drive another 30 yards.

Plus now we're using even more electricity playing your crappy music I now only have a 25 yard range in my hypothetical car ;)

Driven a Leaf at my local Nissan dealer when there workshop boys were looking for a part for my GTR. It was good off the line but ran out of puff over 50mph. Fine for around town but useless for longer journeys and having to probably replace the batteries after 5years at a cost of £7k a pop is a bit eye watering.
Needless to say there was a bigger demand to have a go in my Skyline to which I obliged willingly :)(8})

Nope ... never , i just cant see them as cars , for one they dont sound like one .... also another main issue for me is the Radiations , i dont have a smartphone for the same reason i even turn off the internet router when i go to sleep and i put my phone as far away from me as possible .

There are always two sides to a matter , in my case id take health over efficiency (Yeah i know non electric pollutes the air and can also cause cancer , especially in our EGR deleted cars , but atleast those can be avoided in a way and , not to mention that you wont get random Migraines after driving a non Electric car