Are you a good passenger in a car?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When you start driving you usually turn into a 'back seat driver'.

Symptoms include checking both ways at junctions, reaching for the non existant pedals in the passenger footwell, assuming the crash position when being squeezed through a space with 20mm clearance on both sides, and calmly pointing out which side of the road we drive on! Or holding you breath when braking is left to the last meter off the junction! :lol:

So are you a good passenger or a back seat driver?

Well Coz i can't drive yet I try to do everything I can. The best time is when my dad just accelerates on a straight empty toad to shut me up.

He he I Love Typos - Theres not many straight empty TOADS down our way. :lol:

Your turn will come soon Mr Cog1. Learn the highway code, get on a course for young drivers your age to prepare for your licence and you never know you might be the youngest driver to get a licence at 17.1 years old! I was 18 when I passed and it took me a year to learn but in a way I'm glad I took it carefully.

You'll notice when you start driving that your dad has bad driving habits and they will wind you up and YOU will become a back seat driver - you're showing tendancies already. What car has your dad got? Does he really drive on small green animals to keep you quiet!

I remember changing gear for the driver (on empty roads and not when pulling out of junctions) before I got a licence - that was fun but probably very illegal and dangerous but it did help going to a LHD car.

lol iv never been a good passenger, even before i could drive. So now i just do all the driving now and get everyone to chip into the fuel :D

Depends whos driving me. Me dad is good but my mum is well scary cos she squeezes through really tight spaces and has trashed a few wing mirrers. :lol:

i'm terrible when im with my partner, constantly saying ''foot down, foot down'' or leave it in this gear for a bit, get ur speed up...

she hates it, also when i say ''i'd have made that''

she drives a clio & the clutches r quite high, and she hasnt gotten used to it yet (tho shes bin drivin it ages) so it takes time to move off at junctions its usually lots of revving, then a pause while she brings her foot up to contact point.

got a few bruises from it too :?

im usually pretty quiet when others drive. i tend to trust them. sometimes i tell them 'red light' or 'stop sign' but and usually I feel bad because they were gonna stop anyway. but recently I stopped me friend from running a red light cause he wasn't paying attention. that felt good :lol:

I know what you mean. I was in a van when we run a red light - we ended up being stuck in the middle of a junction with cars coming all around us. If we hadn't said something I'm sure we'd have piled into the other cars. :shock:

The other thing is that if the driver is being dangerous or stupid or just plain wrecking their alloys or tires on the kerb they resent the advice.:evil:

Perhaps I should just assume the crash position and see what they say then.;)

I check at junctions mainly, but it depends on which of friends is driving...I've got a mate that kerbed his car, ran a red light and pulled out in front of a cop car (that had its lights and siren on!!) in the space of 10 mins! So when he drives I may point out a few things to him!