any advice please?

J

jnr

so have a citroen dispatch 1.9D and have had it for almost a year now, was working well up til last friday when, whilst at work left the lights on to discover a truelly flat battery, anyway managed to jump start it and drove it home,turned it off, tried to turn it back on...nothing, so put battery on charge overnight til it was full, then put it in van to start then still nothing... checked all cables leading to and around starter motor/ altenator but even with a full battery the battery light isnt luminating like the handbrake light would when turning key in ignition,,checked fuses, but i fell im missing something...anybody out there care to throw any advice in my direction??
cheers

Howdo.

When you open the door do the interior lights come on as normal? Can you beep the horn and turn sidelights on - this would show if there is at least power getting to the car from the battery. If there is I wonder if there is some kind of immobiliser issue caused by the flat battery? Maybe some procedure you need to do?

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-412584.html

Sounds a little like what happened to me, except I hadn't left any electricals on. One morning, the battery was inexplicably flat. Tried charging - nothing. My Scangauge II reported the voltage as 11.5 V, not enough get started. This was after about 18 months of ownership.

In the end I replaced the battery with a Varta branded one which has been going strong, except for one occasion when I left the radio on over night. It charged with no issue.

My 4x4 is auto and would not start ( it turned out that the servicing dealer had not checked the battery and it had died due to no acid despite it being ticked off on the list and I let the manager know that I was not happy and wondered what else had been "checked" and ticked off but not done??)
I invested in a jump starter in case it happened again when help was far away in future

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back