another ??

Cavalier01

I ran my 96 cavalier at the drag strip the other day to see what it would do.. i ran in the 17s my lowest was 17.1. Everything on the engine is stock what could i change to make it faster. its a 2.2 ltr manual trans.

For the drag strip a lower ratio gearbox would help a lot (think Nova SR!). Cams, air intake, sports exhaust are worth doing.

Nos would also be an easy mod and really will help bring your drag time down.

For more money you can look at getting the head ported and polished and even rebore to increase the compression ratio and capacity! You will need to strengthen the bottom of the engine to help.

Put the car on a diet, reduce weight as much as possible and how was the traction. A Wheelspin can lose valuable time so get some wider wheel and better tyres.

my reaction time was really slow around 1 second or so.. i tried taking off a bit early but i just spin and when i reave it up lower i wheel hop.. hows can i get traction..

Be a bit more progressive with the clutch and like i said before fatter wheels and softer compound tyres will help (can you get Goodyear Eagle F1's there).