Almera engine knock

Sal

Hi, can anyone help me please? My 1998 Almera has a knock coming from somewhere in the engine as I pull away in first gear. It doesnt appear to happen in other gears, and doesnt happen if I rev the engine when stationary. I have noticed it for a couple of weeks - can anyone suggest what it could be? Thanks

Hi Sal, does it happen if you rev the engine a little harder when you pull away?

My first thoughts were main engine bearings, but it seems a little odd that it only hapens when you pull away. Does it happen if you pull away in 2nd gear?

Hi, I took the car out again today and it really only seems to be as you pull away from standing in first gear. MAYBE as i change up to second, but if so, only really faintly. Nothing in higher gears, or holding the recs whilst still. I am wondering if it could be something vibrating underneath?

Engine mounts, exhaust mounts - suspension bushes. There's more chance of a knock in first as that gears sends more torque to the wheels than any of the others.

Could be any of 'em. Thankfully all are cheap to replace - they're basically bits of rubber