All the best for 2018 - what are your plans for the year

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Wishing you all a very happy 2018. May things go well for your motoring life this year.

What are your resolutions, goals or car plans for 2018?

Have given up on the usual resolutions and hope to keep driving at track days and competing the 4 street sprint events I enjoy so hopefully body and car hold up ;)

i dont normally make resolutions but i am making sure i only work 5 days a week instead of the usual 6-7 i was doing for most of last year. It was my 1st full year with my own business so work life balance was seriously lob sided.

car wise its already begun engine is stripped down and ready for a rebuild/refresh, then it will be use it as much as possible and take it to pj motorsport in the summer to be remapped which should see the little fiesta at 180-200bhp

i dont normally make resolutions but i am making sure i only work 5 days a week instead of the usual 6-7 i was doing for most of last year. It was my 1st full year with my own business so work life balance was seriously lob sided.

car wise its already begun engine is stripped down and ready for a rebuild/refresh, then it will be use it as much as possible and take it to pj motorsport in the summer to be remapped which should see the little fiesta at 180-200bhp
Work life balance is important and you can actually work harder doing 5 days and earn more than when you do 6 or 7 day weeks *(if you're self employed)

Due to family health problems and my own I've cut work down to 2 days a week and we are surviving ok. Have been for the last year.

I look forward to seeing your mapping results.

Have given up on the usual resolutions and hope to keep driving at track days and competing the 4 street sprint events I enjoy so hopefully body and car hold up ;)
All the best with keeping the body and car in top condition through 2018!

the new motor is now in the stagea and up and running .once the boost issue is sorted it will be lefts as is as i am not doing this again !!!
then its some wider arches for bigger wheels and then finally a respray

Brian I was wondering how that mega $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Os Gikken RB26 stroker motor was coming along.

[QUOTE="obi_waynne, post: 305805, member: 2

All the best with keeping the body and car in top condition through 2018![/QUOTE]

Thanks Obi |B both of us getting on a bit in years and look a little worse for wear and tear and definitely look better from 10 meters or so away :lol:

a pic of the giken install which i am very happy with.
osg1.jpg
also had the supension struts sorted which is a common problem with skylines and stageas.
due to the weather its hardly been driven (650+ at the wheels isnt fun in the wet with 888s)
There is a small problem with the car not boosting much on the road which we are sure is wiring or sensor related because it was fine on the dyno and the engine runs perfectly and revs to 8k fine. Also have pressure tested the system and there isnt a boost leak. but with the weather as it has been for the last 3-4 weeks getting the car boosting to the max isnt really my main priority.

As to clour I do fancy a change so its likely to be a dark pearlescent flip like it is now . with either black to green or to purple - not both.
it wont be a multicolour flip just two colours . something like hondas pirate black pearl

Time for something new this year. Starting to run up some bills and will need a new clutch and cambelt change soon. Not got a clue what to go for yet so I'll be posting for some ideas from you chaps later on.

It looks like my house move may finally be happening in the next 2 weeks.
Didn't happen, still on going.:(

Suspension replaced with a Pedders kit (also on my list for work this year). It will lower the car a bit, but mainly work better than the aging OE I currently have (£681.67 inc postage). (Plus about £100-150 to my mechanic for fitting and then alignment etc)
This is happening, however :)

I aim to get the MGs body mods finished and get it running. Enjoy the V8 Quattro until I need to sell it and buy something frugal so I can save up for my daughters wedding! Kitchen refurb to plan in as well.

More work booked in for next week.... New, bigger brakes :)
Stopping power is king :lol: