Alfa 159 1.9 tuning

Dark Soul

Car
Alfa Romeo 1.9 JTS
Hi..just entered the forum...kinda newbe here :D
I need to boost my car a little bit..as first though..exhaust..
i want to put 2 exhausts left/right(such as 2.2 159)
i went to a local shop and suggested 2 jebring 100mm each..what do you say?
next step is the air filter..but..should i change only the filter or all the intake system(and put for instance a CDA kit).,which is more effient? and ofc dont cause any unexpected problems?
and last..I hear opinions and suggestions..links could help cause i didnt find anything worthy for my 1.9(only for 2.2 litre)
(any mistakes in english are bcs i use english rarely :lol::lol:)
did i mention i dont want to spent a fortune??:D

Hello and welcome to toruqecars its good to have you along. I've heard good things abou the CDA kits on alfas. The JTs is a nice car to drive, what colour is yours? I think red looks best but that is just me!

I would look at some fast road cams. Get the head flowed and ported as well then update the exhaust and induction kit and get a remap done to maximise the return on it.

always prefered black both in cars and bikes...and my Alfa is black too...
although i must admitt that i was amazed when i saw her in red dress:D..
already asked for cams...the answer was not for your model:sad2::sad2:..only for 2.2 and over..i ll try the cda and exhaust...post when done..:D:D

I look forward to seeing that. If there are no cams around can you get someone to do a fast road grind on your stock cams?

Hi there

I'm new here too and also own a black AR 159 1.9 JTS, I've been looking around to find some good tuning options, Autodelta has some awesome supercharger solutions, but the baseline is 2.2 JTS and quite expensive but with excellent quality as I've heard of.
I'm considering an engine swap, since I can get a decent 2.2 JTS from Germany, and then to the tuning from there. Anyone has expierences about engine swap?

Hi there

I'm new here too and also own a black AR 159 1.9 JTS, I've been looking around to find some good tuning options, Autodelta has some awesome supercharger solutions, but the baseline is 2.2 JTS and quite expensive but with excellent quality as I've heard of.
I'm considering an engine swap, since I can get a decent 2.2 JTS from Germany, and then to the tuning from there. Anyone has expierences about engine swap?

Welcome mate. :)