Aircon Problem

Danboy

Hi folks,

hope I'm in the right place for this kind of post, I've just joined.

When I start my car the aircon works ok. but after about 30 minutes there is no air coming through to any of the vents even though the fan is still going, so my windsceen gets really misted up. If I stop the car for about 15-20 mins it works ok for a little while and then gets the same problem.
The hoses are all connected so it's not them. Any help would be great cos I can't find the problem.
Cheers
Dan

Sounds like you have a blockage. Check the heater blower intake for leaves and rubbish to make sure thats not blocked. It will probably be worth changing your cabin/pollen filter too.

Hi,
Thaks fingers I'll look at that. Wayne, yes I can still hear the fan, there is no difference in the sound of the fan, it just carries on as normal,
Cheers,
Dan

Let us know what you find - the answer will be there for everyone else in future with the same question.

Check every single vacuum actuator pipe. You only need a leak in one actuator for the entire vacuum system to fail. Lot's of climate control systems use vacuum actuators.

Wild guess, but if the EGR is engaging as the engine warms up and the actuator is leaking it will remove vacuum 'pressure' from all other systems.