Advice part one?

Syder

Wrench Pro
Car
civicaerodeck1.8VTI
I need some help for a total upgrade for a 1999 honda civic aerodeck 1.8 VTI DOHC V-TEC , I already have a torque technique exhaust system of which is very impressive , i uprated front brake discs from janspeed but will replace with brambo later on ,

Ok the start , what is the best turbo or supercharger as i keep finding article's that say one or the other , one needs more than the other , and so on , so i would like some straight answers from you folks with the experience of either .

I will be doing a total strip & rebuild of the engine so need to know what to rebuild for .

cheers ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: advise part one ?

Im very curious what made you want to modify this heavily an estate, its a big chunk of metal at the back of your chassis woudnt it be better to do a conversion? You could get unrusted hatches with some 1.4i motors for a few hundred pounds then put your b18 in there mate, nah?

Why when mine is rust free , better looking as well , plus bit more room for family .

And there can't be to many mod aerodecks out there .

Be different not the same ?

Need for more power to different , why not

If it's a daily drive then I disagree with boosting/supercharging. It will cost a lot of money to do properly and then cost more than a nasp engine to maintain and potentially more to fix. Of course if you have that kind of money then by all means, why not.

You said earlier you are going to fully strip it and then your going on about room for family:blink:

I agree there isnt that many aerodecks modified out there but other than being original I struggle to understand your logic. But still, Im curious what will the outcome be maybe Ill be surprised :)

Last edited:

I did say a full strip and rebuild of the engine , suspension of course , not the interior need that for them ( well maybe some recaro seats )

The car is not used on daily drive and only used now and then for the family and myself as i'm the only driver .

They go like stink when turboed mate.A very fun toy to have.Hence toy mate no daily drive and alot of up keep.Been chating to a guy on another forum he has his done.

Do you know what turbo he put in , and what bhp he's running at , and did he upgrade the caskets to cope with the extra pressure in the engine

I am also a rather enthusiastic aerodeck owner :)
I love this thing, its practically stock, just with some coilies (standard shocks where cabaged) and a decat, took the back box off just cos it sounds epic :p
I love the looks people give ya when ya hammer past em screamin like a banshee, then the see the curtains adorned with pheasants in the back windows! yes, CURTAINS! heehee
Im also looking to turbo mine, so any advice about sourcing manifolds (or materials need to make em) would be greatly appreciated. Could someone point me towards a thread with someone elses b18 turbo build, so i can get an idea of what to get?
I intend to replace everything with performance parts as they fail haha, clutch and flywheel next!