Advice on spring rates FWD

Dale69

Tuner
Car
Charade G102 1,3l
hey guys, just been reading the forums here, looking at setting up my Daihatsu Charade for the odd run down the strip to start with but will get more seriously into it as time and money allow.
just wondering what would be some suggested rates of springs front and rear to suit, the car will still have daily duties also, car will weigh around 750kg, not looking for super low times, does mid- high 18's from factory and will eventually look for sub 15 1/4 mile times over time. doing the research so to speak before i spend money on things i will only replace down the track and any input it helpful and appreciated :)

Sounds like a nice little project buddy |B

One of our most esteemed members on here @old-git is building a super lightweight drag car too. I think that Steve even has a software that can determine all manner of things involved with the cars. Hopefully if this thread is read by the main man he will be able to share his invaluable knowledge :)

Good luck

:) Unfortunately, I don't have any software to help choose spring rates.

Your best bet is to get down to your local track and get to know the guys running quick FWD cars and pick their brains.