Advice on fitting an inter-cooler to a Citroen 1.4 hdi turbo please.

jonc1

Car
citroen c1 hdi
Has anyone any experience of fitting an intercooler to a Citroen 1.4 hdi turbo. Would be grateful for any advice . It's fitted with a tuning module and a straight through silencer. Regards jonc1.

Last edited by a moderator:
You only need a small intercooler for this engine. If you want a suitable size unit see the one for the Toyota Starlett Turbo (The front mounted aftermarket ones!)

Is there space in front of the radiator to fit one? How about down low under neath it? I've seen some guys fit smaller but deeper radiators to make space for an intercooler or you site the existing radiator a bit further back in the engine bay.

Ideally you'd get a kit with all the pipes and connections you need but I can't find any for this car at the moment unfortunately but I'll keep looking for you.

Hi, folks, I run a citroen C1 1.4 hdi. Having fitted a Tuning Module, Free flow filter, and a s/thru rear box, I'm looking for advice on the following, Fitting an intercooler, changing injectors and tweeks on the turbo. I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations, Regards, Jonc1.

tweeks for the turbo will be near enough non existant, chances are its a VNT turbo and controlled by the ECU so other than a remap theres very little to be done unless you fit a bigger turbo.

intercooler - look behind the bumper and see how much room you have, can you make more ? move the rad back 10mm for example. then look at ebay to find one close to the size that you have - remember its only a 1.4 engine so doesnt need to be huge as all youll do is increase the lag and spool time - order it and offer it up to where your going to fit it. next start looking at how your going to run the pipe work and start buying in aluminium or stainless pipe and silicone joiners.

injectors cant help you there but wouldnt be surprised if the ones of the 2.0hdi could be used

Best place to look is off other Citroen/Peugeot HDi's that have intercoolers such as the 308 or the C4

I know the 1.6 hdi and the 2.0 hdi on both have intercoolers and should be a suitable fit onto your car I would have thought,

A remap will be worth while, more so than a tuning module, bigger injectors aren't needed unless you want to try and get silly power out of the engine, exhaust upgrade would be worth looking at as well removal of the DPF would be a god send as well interms of maintenance and performance,

get the remap after all of the mods

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back