A4 B8 1.8T ABT tuning

S

salahag

Hi everyone

I own a A4 B8 1.8T and live in Abu Dhabi, UAE. ABT is approved by the dealer, so tuning will not affect the warrenty. They say I'll get upto 40HP increase with a chip upgrade.

I'm new to the car upgrades and tuning thing, and have few concerns:

1. with the extra power that the car mechanics have to handle, is there any hidden price on the long run? in terms of parts breaking, engine over heating... etc.
2. since at the moment I can only consider ABT, how good is their upgrade? anyone ever tried ABT with this engine? pros & cons?
3. the chip tuning costs around $2,000! :confused:

http://www.abt-sportsline.de/en/tuning/shop/Audi-A4-8K_357_3/

I'll appreciate any advice
Thanks

Hi there and welcome to TorqueCars. Your post got stuck in the moderation queue as it contained a link and you have less than 10 posts but I have approved it for you.

The Price is in US$ I presume. It does seem a little steep to me as we can get similar remaps done in the UK for around £300-£400 around $600.

I note that you are in the UAE and there are probably not a lot of remap companies out there so perhaps if you waited there would be more competition and lower prices?

yeah that and the UAE is a rather affluent area. dont think ABT are that big in the UK but are in germany and the US

40 bhp peak gain on the 150 models is about right
40 bhp peak gain on the 180 is a little high as the turbo is getting near its limit there.
although you can get upto 50bhp gains over the whole range and only a 30bhp peak gain.

realistaically the turbos are the weak points k03 ( 150 models ) is only suited to around 200 and the k03s ( 180 models ) is 220 after these figures theres a chance of the turbos overspeeding. the block itself is stupid strong and will take up to around 350bhp bfore problems arise