A4 1.8T tuning tips needed.

shurushuru

i own 2001 Audi A4 1.8T.Any suggestion for improving perfomance and looks?The twicks must be conservative not very loud like 18 year old(iam in my late 30s
Thanks

Hi there shurushuru. I have the A3 with the 1.8T engine and like you I am in my late 30's!

Looks - this is very much down to personal taste. I would remove the badges and get a debadged grill. It will make the car more annoymous. There are some nice kits around for the A4 but to be honest most are aimed at the younger driver.

A remap has to be top mod, get a stronger recirc valve and uprate the clutch. Next up work on the brakes, at least get better pads. This little lot should come in at under £500. There is a lot more you can do but I would suggest you start of with these.

thanks Wayne.Will take on board your advice.Anyone here who is selling leather seats for audi a4 51 plate?Thanks guys

the APR exhaust is £££££££££££.

have a look on ebay theres a couple of sets (VW Seat Skoda ones are pretty much all the same) nothing in my price range however.

basic smooth out the airbox.
earlier models pre 2003 also benefit from new turbo intake pipe as the original was very restrictive
again if its an earlier model changing the turbo from the K03 to the K03s (direct swap) this is slightly larger on one wheel and doesnt require new manifolds and downpipes.
and as waynne said
diverter valve
brakes if youve got the 288mm setup up front these can be swapped for 312 brakes easily just requires the calliper carriers (around £100 brand new). the calipers are the same as the 288 setup.

if you want to go further K04 turbo swap from the more powerful 1.8t (210-240bhp) or even big turbo swaps however these come in expensive