a little pee'd off

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
today i was involved in a little accident (not my fault!!) and im pee'd of cause i know they will rite the legacy off as an uneconomical repair. which is crap cause its a good solid car with a healthy engine, at some point im going to be left without a car, ive been looking on ebay for a replacement and nothing seems to match the legacy's criteria for the payout im expecting

so all in all a crap day for me:sad2:

Very sorry to hear the bad news herb, all this and right on top of Christmas too.
I hope you find what your looking for and soon buddy.

Had my car scrapped yesterday... I was very upset when it went! Can you not buy it back? Then over time collect parts to rebuild it?

Sorry to hear this. I find the whole insurance industry rather annoying where a non-fault accident means the innocent party always lose out in the event of a claim and why should we? The guilty should be penalised for the inconvenience and cover costs to replace, not the market value. I guess that is why they introduced GAP insurance, but even that has certain terms and conditions governing age and mileage.

Ask for Cash in Lieu of repairs, they will make you an offer and deduct scrap value of car. It depends on the category of write off and the mood of the insurer concerned but it is possible.

Are you claiming off their insurance or you own policy?

cheers for the comments lads!!
basically the car got t-boned so the damage is rear bumper, dent in the rear wing, tail light, b pillar and the 2 doors
so if i could get someone to replace the b pillar i could potentially do the rest of the work myself
but just waiting to see what the garages assessment is first

and MA the leon is off the road atm going thrtough some upgrades ready for next summer;)

Ask for Cash in Lieu of repairs, they will make you an offer and deduct scrap value of car. It depends on the category of write off and the mood of the insurer concerned but it is possible.

Are you claiming off their insurance or you own policy?
because im the innocent party all the blame is between the lorry and the other car involved so my insurance has already told me my no claims and excess payment are safe:D

Im even more pee'd off now:mad:
Basically this is the first time ive ever had to go through insurance and ringing my insurance they told me they will sort everything out and my no claims and excess are safe (but are they??)
But speaking to a mate he says i should have just reported the accident to my insurance, and then rang the other cars insurance to make the claim. so basically im claiming on my own insurance for an accident that wasnt my fault and my insurance are more than happy for me to do this (the sly ******:mad:)
so monday the sly gets will be getting an earful!!!

if the other party is at fault then your excess will be paid by the other insurance. your NCB should be fine however you will more than likely suffer an increase in your policy next year

One thing to consider when you are involved in a non-fault accident, never allow the third party's insurers to offer to fix your car. Once you have done this you have no control over the process be written off or repaired. There is no comeback for any shoddy work as no monies have changed hands between you and the garage etc. Therefore you have no documentation. Always go via your own insurance company and ensure you get an official letter stating the third party has admitted liability. That way you can push for any compensation or question any action that affects your insurance.

well thanks for all your tips replys much appreciated!!!
but i had my offer come through today of £790
£290 more than i paid for the car so tbh im quite happy with that!
and quinn insurance (the bloke who hit me's insurance said i can keep the courtesy car until i buy another:bigsmile:) so no real rush atm

Good news Herb, shame about the Subaru seems like you had a goodun for the money. Whats the replacement going to be, another Scooby? :D
top of the list atm is an a6 but that can all change quite quickly if i spot something that takes my fancy:bigsmile: (i still long for a proper 4wd;))