'99 Honda Civic 1.4i engine tuning

waggle

Hi,

I have a '99 Honda Civic 1.4i hatchback and want to get the most performance out of it.

I've done the usual; induction kit, performance exhaust including manifold and de-cat pipe.

I can't yet get insured on a VTEC, so i was wandering what more i can do to squeeze a little bit more out of my current engine?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Matt

Maybe do some weight saving, depending on how much you use the back seats and interior trim? Also work on the handling and brakes that'll let you tackle corners with more confidence.

Power-wise, the only way you can really go after the bolt ons is an engine swap or uprated cams, etc, which on the 1.4 isn't really worth the cost involved, and it'll make the car less driveable for every day use.

What induction and exhaust combo have you gone for?

cheers for your reply.

hehe my exhaust is fairly budget, got a japspeed manifold and the de-cat pipe/rest of the exhaust was an ebay jobby - sounds sweet tho not sure how good it is performance wise. I was thinking of getting a powerflow or something similar, not sure if its worth it tho?
My induction is a BMC CDA. Also got it lowered 45mm on SPAX suspension.

Would a chip/ECU re-map make much difference?

Hi Waggle and welcome to TorqueCars, its nice to have you along. The remap will not make much difference on a 1.4 :( - sorry! But at least you won't be wasting your money and can save up for the engine swap you've always wanted.