96 gsr cm5a 1800 4g93t pull clutch problem

Jpapanui

Car
96 cm5a gsr lancer
Hello all.
I have a 96 lancer gsr cm5a 1800 4g93t and have recently heard a grinding in the gearbox which through forum reading was lead to believe was the throw out bearing so i have sourced a second hand clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing from a evo 7 gearbox that i had in storage.. I have put the gearbox back onto the motor but when i have gone to engage the clutch it has ingaged but clutch wont disengage now? It feels like the clutch is stuck on and the clutch fork is sitting in the engage position. can anybody tell me why the clutch would be stuck in the ingage position? i searched trade me for clutch kits and and my gearbox clutch kit was the same as an evo 7 so i dont know why its not disengaging. please help me

Have you checked the clutch cable? It wouldn't surprise me if it's stretched or even broken.

Does the gearbox noise change when you press the clutch?

This model has a hydraulic clutch so no cable and yes the grinding noise stopped when the clutch pedal was depressed. i have dropped the gearbox and replaced the throw out bearing clutch and pressure plate but when i put the gearbox back on and go to press the fork in to connect the tob to the pressure plate.{pull type clutch} the fork should click in then rest back in the disengage position but its not it stays in the engaged position?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back