96 geo prizm project car

Quick24

Car
96 Geo Prizm (Toyot
Hey hows it going. So iv decided i want to build a project car. I have chosen to use a 96 geo prizm and this being because when is the last time someone pulled up next to you in a geo prizm and you said that mother trucker could woop my ass. So long story short i need to know a few things. First things first i will be turboing and i want as high a boost as possible so should i upgrade 7afe engine internals or go for a 20 valve rage or 7age instead second if i am upgrading innies what should i upgrade and where can i get the upgrades preferably online. Lastly any other tid bits of info on your thoughts, concerns, tips and tricks are greatly and graciously accepted.

Don/t know your car BUT if you intend to run "high boost"then you will need to start with a strong FORGED bottom end. I beam rods with forged pistons along with a crack tested,linished and balanced crank would be my starting point as IMO the factory rods and pistons will fail/go BANG.
What is your idea of hi boost 20 Psi 30psi 40psi ???

Don't forget to factor in a strong transmission and an upgraded fuel system plus a good aftermarket EMS/computer.

Hi and welcome. Until I realised the car was FWD I was going to suggest that you simply swaped the engine for a crate small block.

As TCJB asked, what do you consider to be high boost?

Well i was thinking 40 psi would probably sit me at around 400 hp but i dont want to blow my block wither so what do you think a comfortable jumber would be at.

20 psi will more than double the original power. 40 psi will almost quadruple it but without changing most of the engine's components it wouldn't last very long.

Alright next question the 96 comes stock with 14 in rims should i go large (i.e. 16 or 17) low pros or stick with a 14 or 15 low pro and drop the car while adding a slight camber pitch inwards. (I dont mean over camber like some of these idiots but a slight one to give a slight bit more handle