95 G30 5.7L Stalls after 30 to 45 mins

Wcnwzrd

Track Warrior
Car
95 300zx TT (RIP)
Hey all. I have a 1995 G30 van that has been used as a utility vehicle for the better part of its life. I just recently did a partial tune-up do to this issue and was hoping you all could potentially point me to one of a group of parts that I think might be causing the issue.

Issue:
After 30 to 45 minutes of driving, the engine will stall out no matter the throttle position (idle to floored). I then have to wait a minimal time of 30 minutes up to 2 hours before the vehicle will start regularly otherwise it will start and stutter then die. Sometimes it will start back up while moving if I pump the gas but will soon stall again (1 to 5 minutes)

Item noticed during:
Drop in oil pressure when letting off throttle
Slightly elevated engine temp from normal
Computer is hot to the touch (located under drivers seat in black carrier)

Possible parts causing the problem (suggested from parts stores and shadetree mechanics)

EGR
Computer (due to temp)
Ignition Coil
Ignition control module/system

Tune up consisted of new spark plugs (old ones were rusted and corroded, air filter, oil change, code check, Radiator flush and fill, transmission flush and fill. Also, cleaned the throttle body and seafoam added to both oil and gas.

I have an 1100 mile trip coming up to see my kids for the first time in 8 weeks and really would like to get this solved as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Yes I know it has been forever. Been working my tail off in the North Dakota Bakken

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back