93 GTO (non turbo)

Insigma

Currently getting about 8mpg and being over taken by fiestas :amazed: Whats going on my 0-60 is like 10+ seconds

Not had this car to long and thought it seemed a bit GUTLESS for a 24v 3.0 V6.. iv now reached the conclusion there is something up with it perhaps timing or mixture anyone got any suggestions on where to start looking for the fault?

The manafactures say the non turbo Should HALL 0-60 IN 6.7 but im not even getting close to that

start with basics mate -

check the plugs dizzy rotor arm and leads are al working. make sure its not missifing youd lose a lot of power that way

a good piece of advice if youve just bought the car would be to get the timing belt changed anyway, along with the pullys. save it braking on you wreaking the whole head.
if its a good garage they should aling every thing up ( not just lock the puleys where they are and replace the belt )

Sounds well down on power. Would be interested in a diagnostics report to see if it is running lean. Could be a faulty or tesco fuel damaged lambda sensor it might be that the Cat is dead or blocked up. What is the mileage like?

I'd get a FULL service done on it and get the fuel filter renewed plus a diagnostics report.

That's barely been run in then. Do all the wheels spin freely? Any sighn of friction induced heat in the hubs? Any brake drag? Is the clutch engaging properly?

yeh it all seems to be fine theres no clutch slip , It coasts like a rocket doesnt apear to be any break binding , It just seems to be drinking ****loads of petrol and doesnt seem to like to rev much past about 6500 and the 0-60 is well... not very impresive to say the least

It sounds like it is in a "limp home mode". Get a diagnostic run on it and see what the problem is. There will be an error code which will tell you where the problem lies. Let us know what you get back.

Chances are that your lambda sensor is dead which will just make it run rich, running rich is a certainty for poor economy and poor performance.
Use a data logger and see what the sensor is doing, if it is cycling or as suspected, just dead.