911 Clutch

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
The clutch in the 911 seems very heavy around town. Is this normal? What replacement clutch options are there?

If you had a lighter clutch it would burn out too quickly. This is normal for the 911 - an auto box would be a good option.

If you have a look at some of the American Porsche parts suppliers you will find that they can supply a "helper spring" which reduces the force needed to operate the clutch. Maybe this is only for the older motors with the 901 or 915 g/box, but maybe they do it for newer models too. Try Auto Atlanta or Pelican parts, both have good online catalogues available. Most of these guys are in the States, but with the internet, it doesn't really make any difference where they are.

I have a 911 from the 70s, heavy clutch, and no servo on the brakes. It takes a while to get used to the heavy pedal pressure especially if you swap back to a modern car where the brakes work with a light touch. I appreciate the amount of feedback you get from these older systems, it really puts you in touch with the mechanics of the car and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Simon y

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back