6 Pot Rear Brake Upgrade

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Well I have been doing some research and have come across these little beauties for my baby! Just waiting for a price and stock availabilty! ;)

Attachments

• rear brakes speedparts.jpg
    rear brakes speedparts.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 4
Thats one of the things I am double checking on as I already have 6 pots on the front! ;)
Apparently the servo was built to over perform, but I need this confirmed by a more reliable source! :)

Lovely but very very overkill T9? You may have to do a lot of playing around with brake bias to have a driveable car with brakes like that on the back.

Lovely but very very overkill T9? You may have to do a lot of playing around with brake bias to have a driveable car with brakes like that on the back.

:shock: My dreams are only ever nightmares these days it would seem!
MA please explain, as I thought the addition of these would be great for the huge extra stopping power that I should be enjoying :blink:

Brake bias :embarrest:

Saw the same size discs on the rear as the front on a 911 track day car at Snetterton and thought, my name is written all over those, I must have them :bigsmile:

Brake bias is literally that, how much breaking the fronts or the rears do. No need to go into how it works, we are more concerned with the reason for it!

Well, when you brake most of the weight is transferred to the front of the car, which is why some big disc 6-pots and little puny rears will often suffice. Too much bias to the front will mean stable braking but they will lock up more easily thus stopping distances are reduced. Too much bias on the rear and the rears lock up first under breaking which is clearly a big no-no unless you want your rear end swinging round upon hard braking lol.

You need to strike a good balance and it will be hard with two simular kits on the front and rear. You will no doubt be reducing the braking force of the rears thus making such good brakes on the rear somewhat of a moot point imo!

Brake bias is literally that, how much breaking the fronts or the rears do. No need to go into how it works, we are more concerned with the reason for it!

Well, when you brake most of the weight is transferred to the front of the car, which is why some big disc 6-pots and little puny rears will often suffice. Too much bias to the front will mean stable braking but they will lock up more easily thus stopping distances are reduced. Too much bias on the rear and the rears lock up first under breaking which is clearly a big no-no unless you want your rear end swinging round upon hard braking lol.

You need to strike a good balance and it will be hard with two simular kits on the front and rear. You will no doubt be reducing the braking force of the rears thus making such good brakes on the rear somewhat of a moot point imo!

With his deflated head hung low, he turns and walks away to sulk! :cry:

Thanks MA, I see the wisdom in your words and will now pop that idea straight into the dustbin! :lol: