406 hdi 110

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

So you have what exactly? :confused:

Bloody phone 406 Hdi 2.0 110bhp I've heard I can open my fuel pump and my turbo up a bit I was wondering how

No worries buddy, I do know what your trying to say about the pump but I cannot help you directly, but we do have a Pug boffin on here called Jarrus who will undoubtedly be able to guide you.
I also believe that the answer to your question has been passed on to other owners already who have other model Peugeots so hopefully someone will be able to assist you in a while. ;)

Bloody phone 406 Hdi 2.0 110bhp I've heard I can open my fuel pump and my turbo up a bit I was wondering how

If you have a HDI, which is the DW10 model then no you cannot open the fuel pump up.
Thats an XUD you read about.

As the HDI in your car is very much the same which in the later models of the 306. If you want to get silly with power, FMIC, BMW 330 fuel pump, merc injectors and nozzles, hybrid turbo, forged internals and a remap on top of that, that will see about 200hp.

If your after just a bit more poke, then a remap will do you fine, with some uprated injectors.

Ii.need.more poke but it has 191k miles so don't wAnna kill it no point in remaping as its going to die not so long away about winding the turbo up abut so the boost is atad more

Ii.need.more poke but it has 191k miles so don't wAnna kill it no point in remaping as its going to die not so long away about winding the turbo up abut so the boost is atad more

On HDI engines, you'll send the ecu into spastic mode, and will probably throw faults up all the over the place if you tinker with the turbo.

My XUD has done 208,000 miles and it still is going strong. Have the turbo up to 22psi now. it's pretty quick!

If your woried about it dying, simply get another car. It's harder to tamper with HDI's then XUD's as its all controlled by an ECU. Try googling Mr Whippy, he does cheap, reliable remaps for HDI engines.

Hmm yeah ill do that I just know a runner all they do ia tuning there called TrueTec in tywfors he sais the fuel pump should opens up on it he sais hewould do it but he how I would do it I work ith turbos at work as I'm a forklift engineer

I don't know of any one who tunes the HDI engine like that, its all done via a safe, and restorable remap. Ask the place if XUD's have an ECU. If he says yes, he has no idea what he is on about.... ;)

I don't know of any one who tunes the HDI engine like that, its all done via a safe, and restorable remap. Ask the place if XUD's have an ECU. If he says yes, he has no idea what he is on about.... ;)
He said the xud one haven't he said itdepends what fuel pump it has lucus you can't boush you can

He said the xud one haven't he said itdepends what fuel pump it has lucus you can't boush you can

You can bust open a lucus pump mate.... Via a plastic bung on the pump its self, unscrew and it rock it till the cam shows. On an XUD anyway.

Tell you what.... Once you have 10 posts, Put a picture up in this thread and we can see what we're dealing with. Save all the guessing games! ;)

Last edited:
Like I said, mine is on 208,000 miles! Just upped the boost to 20 psi, and the fuelling and the only going wrong is I need new glow plugs! :lol: As Jarrus has stated, it will be fine, and well worth the money.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back