3 point turns are rarely just that

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How often do you do an actual 3 point turn? I find that more often than not you are looking at 4 or 5 points!

Sometimes it's just easier to drive on a bit and find a junction and turn in that instead.

Wayne - How does an even number of points work!? 4 or 5? Surely you end travelling in the same direction? ;)

I don't want to think about odd numbered points and which direction you are facing in! It is starting to blow my mind, where do you start counting?

I don't want to think about odd numbered points and which direction you are facing in! It is starting to blow my mind, where do you start counting?

lol - Just wanted to confuse you ;) - but if you do an even number of points, you don't turn round :p

Why not just find a better place to turn around?

All of us can turn a car around within the width of the available road and between kerbs. It's not exactly rocket science.

Surely it's worth driving another few hundred yards to avoid the constant 1st/reverse swapping and quick steering.

Is it me or am I getting picked on.

If you use a handbrake to achieve the same effect this is known as a 3 points turn!:lol:

have to agree with about 5 points, the subaru doesnt have a great turning circle and dont like to keep it on hard lock, so just take my time about it.

do them all the time as i am really good at getting lost lol. Usually on estates etc where I hit a dead end so no other choice.

If its quiet the "3 points" turn is a good option lol.

And depandant on the copper/magistrate this can be a 4, 5 or 6 points turn ;)