206cc Lowered / Driveshaft

CheesyPeas

Car
206cc 2.0
Hi guys,

Got a quick question...

My 206cc has started handling a little strange (pulling to a direction when accelerating, particularly in corners) so I took it to a local garage to get it checked out.

It's been lowered (professionally done, with custom springs) before I owned the car.

Now the garage is telling me that the driveshaft on the passenger side is a little too long (or perhaps because of a clout; it grounded out a couple of months ago on that side thanks to a blonde moment) and that it's pushing into the gearbox and causing my problems.

My question's pretty simple - what do I do? Can I get the driveshaft shortened / buy a custom one? If so, where from? And is there a decent garage in Essex that can deal with this?

Cheers in advance!

How much has it been lowered? Custom shaft is probably the answer but you'd only need that if your car has been lowered a lot.

Do you know how much it is out by?

It's been lowered more than a tad ... I think something like 50mm down. The driveshaft is apparently about 1/4 inch too long, but to be honest the people who looked at it seemed a little vague.

Cheers for the reply!

Where can I get a driveshaft from / fitted?

That's the thing... It never used to do it. Admittedly, that side of the car underneath DID get a knock, but according to the garage that knock was simply enough for the driveshaft to push bushes in the gearbox.

Nothing else seems to be bent or interfering with the motion, though.

2 suspect areas:
1. lower arm
2.Subframe
If this fault was not there before the knock then i would be looking in those areas.I have not experianced any problems with drive shafts on lowered peugeots, but have had alot of problems with lower arms bending and subframes moving/bending due to people bumping cerbs. hope this helps.