Torque Cars

206 rally car build

Discussion in '205/206/207/208 forums' started by bar325i, 4 October 2014.

1. bar325i

bar325i New member

ireland
    Car:
    ireland
    Hi all I am starting to build my 206 gti 180 into a rally car the budget is low as always so I need all the help I can get
    Which coilovers should I use best value for money
    gear box im not looking for mad top speed but I need to get fast as fast as possible
    wiring I have it all but I need to know which parts of the loom I don't need
    bottom wish bones can I get them adjustable
    also the back axle can I get camber and caster
    engine I have the 2 litre ill take any thoughts on this
    all help would be great I know it is the lazy way out but I have built a car before this and have wasted a ton of money on things I dident need so im trying to avoid the pitfalls this time

2. andy206

andy206 Track Warrior

stoke on trent
    Car:
    Fiesta RS Turbo
    this is something ill keep a keen eye on

you have a decent starting platform already, suspension wise id defo look at a bilstein set up.
    i know quaife do a few different gear kit set ups for the 206 gti so check them out and also you would want an lsd.
    defo uprate all the bushes especially the 3 engine mount ones as these make a big difference.
    you can also get a front upper and lower strut brace and mid/rear lower strut braces this will no doubt help stiffen the car up and all for about £285.
    the engine is quite a good un depending on your budget but if you can then a cam change and throttle bodie conversion will see you over 200bhp obviously id presume you would upgrade the exhaust side of things.

3. st24

st24 The Torque Meister

uk basingstoke
    Car:
    Insignia cdti 160
    Hello and welcome.
    Best of luck with your project.

4. bar325i

bar325i New member

ireland
    Car:
    ireland
    Thanks for reply's
    I payed for my cage on sat its from custom cages (clubman cage) I was advised to go with this one as its entrée leave and if the car was resold this is were it would be aimed at
    I am trying to research as mush as possible about the 206 but unfurtenitly there are only a handful of them being rallied hear in Ireland they are all cup cars and they are strictly regulated
    I will get a few photos up later on this week

5. bar325i

bar325i New member

ireland
    Car:
    ireland
    Not much going on i have the car on a spit also have a man sorted to fit the cage.
    Im still trying to get pics up no joy yet