206 GTI air starvation?

Bosauvage

Car
206 GTi
Hi all,

New member from down under of all places, am also new to the 206gti bought the car second hand, its in excellent condition. Ive heard a lot and read as much on improving the car air intake if anyone has any leads on the subject ill be much obliged to hear from them!:blink1:

Cheers

The intake is quite restrictive. Fitting a larger bore intake pipe will certainly help, you'll probably find that the MAF sensor & housing is also smaller than it needs to be. An induction kit in a closed box with a cold air feed is probably the best answer to your problem.

True,

welcome also, the 206 isn't a bad little car, not my favourite pug but I can think of far worse,

either car is good but I have heard that the 136 hp is the more favourable among tuners because apparantly there is more power to be had,

also he is in aus land where the 180 is called the RC (not gti180 like here in the UK), so he has the 136 which mean he doesn't have a MAF sensor, he has a MAP sensor which uses speed density to measure the air coming in the engine, not a great way but thats how it used to be done,

the intake pipe to the air box is restrictive, so replacing that and moving the intake to that to a better place would be the best thing to do rather than getting an induction kit, (believe me I know I have one and all it does a suck the hot air in from around the engine bay not good for performance or fuel economy) some where from behind the front bumper would be the best place in the air flow hitting the front of the car, and a remap is worth while due to the fact you will have changed the amount of air that is av liable to it

Brett

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back