206 and 70mph

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
i found that when driving a 206 it started shaking at 70mph

anyone else had that?

also i didnt like like the gearbox, was too noisy when changing and handling was odd.

Its the balancing/Tracking of the wheels. Best bet is to pop into somewhere with a tracking machine and get the wheels tracked and balanced, or get new tyres.

car was sound, only just had mot and service, wheels were balanced afterward (due to wheels being removed)

and when you brake the passenger seat moves forward. :shock:

Ask them to check the wheel balance for you - if they have already done this it should be free. If the wheel has no central hole in the hub it can be really hard to balance them and even the pros get it wrong sometimes.

Hey aswearing check the gear box out mate and there the bars from the wheels connect into it (apologies i'm not very technical, lol) but i'm sure you know what i mean. Also check the front suspension. It's just that mine used to do the same nad these things i've had done recently and it's corrected it.

Hmm, well usually this would be a wheel balancing issue, but maybe you need new tyres!
Have you checked the wear lines on your tyres recently or checked for crazing and cracking?
I Have the same problem with my car at the moment as well which is a 106, as soon as you hit 70 the car starts shaking! But I'm almost certain it's the tyres.

As for your front seat, I know a lot of people who had the same problem, including myself! and I recently spent 3 hours trying to fix it myself!

turned out, maybe due to excessive shaking over the years or just a bodged repair job, 1) A Bolt was missing that bolted the sliding plate to the chair 2) another one was just loose and 3) there was a little gadget that slides along with the chair on it's runners that stops it from moving that had come loose, VERY hard to get back on! haha

The thing you're looking for is a brassish coloured piece of metal with a hookish looking lever on it and a steel spring thing that helps lock it in to place; check to see if this is actually hooked on to the chair and not just sliding itseld around willy nilly!

Hope this helps; certainly does make a difference to get these things fixed.
My passenger chair AND drivers chair were doing it, I've fixed the passenger chair but dunno if I have the strength to do the drivers chair!

Manticorp-

back to the problem in hand as well...

check you back axel isn't bent...

sound stupid but if the car has been slammed into a kerb hard on one of it's back wheels it will bend..happend to me when driving my 306 (206 have almost the same rear suspension) was driving like an idiot anyways (not proud) was coing round an island and went really fast in and lifted off while cornering hard...(and pug owner will tell you thats a big mistake!) spun round hit the gutter and went onto the central reservation made my car shake for a while...lol

jsut look at the back and make sure that the rear wheels are towing out ever so slightly if one wheel is bent in then the axel is buggered adn a new one is in order....

if it's a second hand car then the previous owner could have done it it's a problem that most people don't realise on pug's

i'm a relatively inexpiriance driver as i'm only 19 years old but having done that has taught me a lesson so in a way it was a good thing that i did it..lol..not so good for my car

Unfortunately I did my GTi 180 like that but lets just say that I wasn't going anywhere near as slow as going round roundabout speeds. After I had just finished fitting the Supercharger and the ECU re-map, I was on the back down the M1 and was coming along quite nicely at a little over silly mph when a plonker in a BMW Compact decided he would try and race me.... hmm, his 160BHP car against my 350BHP car.... yes clearly he would win??????? I had to swerve very violently and I hit the kerb, popped both tyres down the O.S, bent the rear axel, trashed my alloys, ruined my bottom arms/ downlinks and all the bushes, upper and lower front and back..... needless to say, I never ever drive down the motorway at those speeds.

My life didn't flash before my eyes though which I thought was quite annoying, it would have been quite a laugh me thinks.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey aswearing check the gear box out mate and there the bars from the wheels connect into it (apologies i'm not very technical, lol) but i'm sure you know what i mean. Also check the front suspension. It's just that mine used to do the same nad these things i've had done recently and it's corrected it.

these would be drive shafts for your future refence

yeah i also had that but mine didnt start to shake until i got pass 75 mph went to my garage and he said it was the wheels not balanced right

Peugeot wheels can be hard to balance as they are centreless. The technician has to set up the machine very carefully to mount the wheel correctly.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back