206 6x9's Power

br0wni07

Wrench Pro
Has anyone fitted some 6x9's on there backshelf in a peugeot 206. I cut the holes and seated the speakers last nyt but there are no cables for powering the speakers that i can see?

Iv asked someone and they reccomend disconnecting the back speakers and running the wires through from the speakers in the back.

Is there anyone that knows of a better way of doing this or any hidden cables within the boot?

Thanks in Advance

Ian

I would run the cables under the carpet from the front if you really wanted a new wiring line but you would still only have 4 speaker outputs from the head unit, alternatively take the existing cables to the standard rears into an amp and then feed the amp into your new speakers.

Theres not a lot of point having 6x9's and keeping the standard speakers as well you get much better sound from the new speakers.

I know it might be different on every car, but is there a certain colour for the audio wires. If i know the colour i could just disconnect the standard rears and connect the 6x9's, be a lot easier than the trial and error method.

Thanks

The important thing with speakers is not to get them out of phase. If you take the - from the head and put it on the + at the speaker the sound will be really bad. It basically causes the sound to fog around and you will be unable to hear which speaker is making the noise. To test your car for phase problems just turn on the speakers one by one and make sure you can clearly identify which one is live using your ears;)

I have known colours to vary on wires so you need to use some common sense. Modern cars tend to follow the set scheme though.

Well im having a go at fitting a car alarm tonight too so when i have the front console off ill look behind the headunit and see if the wires are labeled up behind there. Spent 2 hours last night trying to find the wires in the end had to give up because it was getting too dark and i was getting to frustrated... i dont want to cut the wrong wires and i also want the option of replugging my rear speakers in when i sell the car.

might have to solder the wires back on when you sell the car. chances are the stanadrd speakers wont have the normal plugs on them.
1 large and 1 small