2006 Audi A8 HID upgrade, which ????

Marc07

Road Burner
Car
Audi A8 3.7 V8 40V
Hello Guys

A massive help needed as I'm not getting anywhere with inquiries to HID sellers, just overall info, no facts.

So any help from Audi owners and Torque Cars 'pro members' who 'really' have done it successfully will be very much appreciated (not heard of someone who's mate of mate done it, as I want to get it right straight away, no time for solving errors or sending back the kit unless you know that kit works 100%)

I'm looking to upgrade current headlights to HID (poss 5000-6000k).
The biggest issue is as you know that all cars after certain year and manufacturers using something like Can-bus wiring or system, something like that, not really pro in this subject.
So as soon any bulb takes less power you getting and Can-bus Error on the dashboard.

I'm looking for a complete kit with no need of soldering additional resistors etc. I know there are kits which works well, found some on decent ones on www.dmmtuning.com but I'm having problems wit getting any reply in regards to post to UK.

Kit with as slim ballast as possible will be very beneficial due to lack of space in engine bay, around the lamps etc.

Basically plug and play (I am aware of possibility drilling extra holes for cabling, so no problem with that, just dont want to take the ballast apart or soldering additional resistors as is not needed if you get a good working kit with Audi)

My one uses H7 light bulbs for:
- low beam
- high beam
- fog lights

I'm looking to upgrade all of them.

Looking forward hearing from you guys and any help is very much appreciated.
Regards
Marc07

In the main HID upgrades are not legal UNLESS it has an auto headlamp height adjustment, headlight cleaning and the lights fitted are CE marked and approved for your vehicle (usually meaning a full headlight swap rather than just a bulb swap.)

The official Audi Headlights are the only way to go here AFAIK.

Well, that's what I was afraid of to be honest.
so....
Or I will look for the Bi-Xenon headlights
Or will need some advice in getting the best H7 bulbs replacement.
PIAA are to expensive to justify the cost.
I've just recently decided that ordering Hoen's from US is a bit silly.
So I was looking for something decent on UK market.
I've read few reviews about RING bulbs, they are pretty crap from what people say.
Osram Night Breakers Plus looks to be a good replacement/upgrade.
Dont know much about Philips, are they really worth extra money comparing to Osram's.

Or..which ones would you recommend.
I'm looking for a really clear/crystal/ice white color, not blue, it can be a bit blue-ish to give a sort of HID effect, but nothing to stupid like boys-racers in saxo's 1.0l and bulbs from ebay for 3quid pair ;)

Thanks a lot guys
Looking forward hearing from you

Regards
Marc07