147 Modification

imp

Hi guys,
Just needed soem advise for modification on a 147. I have a problem with a very heavy feel on the accelerator when i'm pumping it. Was wondering if anybody could advise on how i can make that better and increasing my HP.

List of Modification
2Litre Cam on a 1.6L
Novitec back box
Bullet for a center box
Straight extractor without the Cat.

Hi imp and welcome to TorqueCars. Is the accelerator heavy all the time or just when you pump it? This could be a stiff link in the throttle body, there may be internal friction in the throttle cable or the pedal spring may just be too strong. Feel the throttle body end by moving it with your hand and see if it is stiff. Might just need a bit of lubricant.

You should try an induction kit to balance up the exhaust. An FSE fuel boost valve will make the acceleration more snappy. Were you thinking of improving the handling?

Interesting idea of putting the 2.0 cam in the 1.6 - did this make a big difference?

Hi wayne,
Its just feels heavy when i'm pumping in as in accelerating .. As for the 2Litre cam, it made a huge different. It was much smoother to drive. My mid to top end was more snappy and added HP to it to.. So what kinda induction kit, would you advise? I use to run an open pod but that robbed me of my top end. Please advise.

Should i use a cheerybomb or a straight thru...?

Last edited:
One of the simplest induction kits is a standard air box with a performance panel filter. Put some additional holes in the bottom of the airbox (get a spare from a scrap yard) then try to get cold air from outside into the air intake area and you should make a little more power at the mid to top end.

Have you got pictures of his modification? I also need advise on using cherrybomb( bullet) or straight thru pipes for my central box replacement. Please advise

Hi wayne,
Its just feels heavy when i'm pumping in as in accelerating .. As for the 2Litre cam, it made a huge different. It was much smoother to drive. My mid to top end was more snappy and added HP to it to.. So what kinda induction kit, would you advise? I use to run an open pod but that robbed me of my top end. Please advise.

Should i use a cheerybomb or a straight thru...?

Hi there, how about dropping the entire 2L TS into the 1.6L? is it compatible and noticeable?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back