123 D BMW P-Tronic ?? any good

zacc

Car
bmw 123d msport
Hi there, New member just wanting to know if anyone here has experience of the P-Tronic box for above mentioned car, thinking of getting one fitted
Thanks for advice in advance
Zacc

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)
I am unable to help you with your question directly, but you are definitely in the right place for the answers! Somebody will be along in a little while who will be able to assist you with some answers or suggestions to your query!
Good luck! :)

ahm yes i would like to fit it but dont know if they're any good. i dont want to buy it at a couple of hundred quid if it aint gonna do much.:confused:

ahm yes i would like to fit it but dont know if they're any good. i dont want to buy it at a couple of hundred quid if it aint gonna do much.:confused:

Tbh I don't really see the point. I've never driven a car with anything other than a manual though so can't say how good it would be.

What are you trying to achieve with this mod?

sry, i think you have misunderstood what P-Tronic is.:confused: It has nothing to do with an automatic gear box , but is a box which goes between the engine ecu and the engine to add BHP and increase fuel economy
google it and see as i cant post link as not enough posts
David

Oh yeah! :embarrest: I read that as tiptronic for some reason.

After searching and having a look on the BMW forums it seems to work kind of like a chip would do. I would leave well alone, but that's also because of the severe lack of knowledge. You could speak to Enda at End Tuning as he deals with a lot of BMW ECU related stuff (and knows them very well). If anybody knows, I'd imagine it would be him.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back