Torque Cars

100 shades of Grey

Discussion in 'Car Styling' started by obi_waynne, 18 January 2019.

1. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Grey is now the most popular colour for new car sales in the UK.

Grey at 20.9%
    Black at 20.2%
    White at 18.3%

I think this is probably cheating a little as silver is regarded as grey and there are so many shades of Grey out there. Ours is officially grey but looks more of a brown!

What colour is your car and would you be tempted to follow the trend and go grey?

If you like Grey what shade would you go for? I'm still a big fan of dark gunmetal grey.

2. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    .V( and here I was thinking that it was going to be a movie tread :rofl:

Now back on track wife's SUV is dark metallic grey and my previous 4WD the same.

My new and most likely last new car ever is metallic blue.

Last edited: 18 January 2019
  3. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney The Torque Meister

Poole, UK
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    Both silver, but one is 19 years old the other 10.

4. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    I have never and will never buy a silver car. Ohhh, but the resale value is better. So what, I buy a car in particular colour because I like it not because of the resale value. And as for grey, everything is grey these days. Why do people slavishly follow trends, bloody sheep! :)

5. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Your Elan's is going to be Purple then?

What if I told you that Silver paint was the lightest paint you can put on a car? I be that would sway you a little!

6. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    [QUOTE="obi

What if I told you that Silver paint was the lightest paint you can put on a car? I be that would sway you a little![/QUOTE]

I call that reply a slam dunk :rofl:

PS if the body was ally then Steve could have a "silver Arrow" lookalike type Elan :)

obi_waynne likes this.