04 Mini Cooper S

indigo

Car
04 Cooper S
Hey guys thanks for your comments. I'll give you all a list of what I've done to the car so far and if any of you have suggestions of what would be some possible good future modifications please let me know. I'm interested in taking the Mini to the next level performance wise and could use a little help.

To date I have done- Milltek header and full cat back exhaust
- Alta 15% reduction pulley
- Alta cold air intake
- Dinan stage 1 performance software
- Rear sway bar

Willing to spend a bit of cash but want to do the right type of modifications.

Thanks, John.

Last edited:
It sounds like it's crying out for a sports catalyst and sports exhaust system. I'd also throw in some suspension mods as well although the handling on the standard car is very very good.

Add a turbo to it, I think it's quite a common mod in the states.
Alta make a kit for this :)

Shame that ALTA do #!#!#!#! products though. I seriously wouldnt buy there turbo kit, its very basic and requires more work than its worth. Plus there are other kits out there mainly from the U.S though!

Have you done any work to the suspension or brakes???

The standard r53 brakes arent the best of brakes!

R56 cooper s calipers with 294mm discs are a popular choice in the mini tuning world.

For engine, i would look at a decent intercooler as the m45 s/c starts too produce more heat when a smaller pulley is added. A ported and polished head after that, Revolution Motor Works do the best heads for the r53 in my opinion, plus with a decent cam from either cat cams or RMW. With these extra parts would see 240bhp ish!