0-60 in 2.5 seconds

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
0-60 in 2.5 seconds - that's pretty impressive by any standards? Are there many production cars that reach this?

The figure was achieved in a Tesla Electric car? Is it as cool now? Surely electric cars have come a long way and with a 300plus mile range are worthy replacements to petrols and diesels?

Would you consider an electric car if it were this fast?

Yes. Yes I want a Tesla Model S. But I dont have near that kind of money :(

When we (the wifelet and I) are in a position to afford a new car we would consider an electric car at any speed to replace her around town hatchback.

Are there many production cars that reach this?
Good list here.
Tesla are number 3, 6 and 18 from a list of 23. Plus top fully electric car :)
Pretty sure the GTR does it in that kind of time
It is a superb car, but number 11. Poor showing from Nissan ;)

It's interesting to note that the top 2 are both hybrids but the Spyder can only do 12 miles in full electric mode. Showing that it is just a concession to green without really meaning very much.

Tesla all the way :)

Until they kill you crashing you into the side of a truck that the autopilot mode can't see
Still a better safety record that anything else on the road :) The first know "autopilot" death in 130 million miles - compared to "normal" driving which sees a death every 93 million miles,in the US.

That particular incident to which you refer can be attributed to the driver. Even a fully automated system needs occasional checks by human operators. That crash was entirely the fault of the driver for also not seeing a bloody great tractor-trailer unit crossing his path! I've already posted today about idiots, so I won't rant about that again, especially as Mr Brown (the poor chap who was driving the aforementioned Tesla) was a smart man - his history and circumstances have proved that. The point is Teslas are very safe. Very safe.
/rant off.

Back on topic....

I imagine heat from the batteries and motor would be a big problem if you used this performance regularly.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back