Any tips to improve accelaration on peugeot 306 1.4

K

kavz306

i always find 1.2 an 1.3 taking off faster then me and lights. how can i increase the accelaration?????:blink1:

There could be many reasons how they're taking off quicker than you.
Sure they may have modified their engine or done something with the air filter but also they might just be quicker than you on the gas pedal. But sometimes when I try to be quick on the pedals I don't give enough gas then I stall and humiliate myself... lol. Easy ways to increase acceleration are to remove any junk in your car.. like if you've got any bags or whatever taking up room and weight in your car.
If you've got some money to spend you could buy a custom performance exhaust, the more you pay the better it will probably be on your acceleration. They can increase your BHP by around 5 to 10, sometimes more. New air filter, plugs, wires, fuel filter may enhance the exhaust, but will not add much standing alone.

could be simply down to weight, is the pug heavy? i know stuff like the clios way next to nothing so are quicker off the mark than some of the heavier cars

and the most obvious reason is gearing, because 1.2s are so asthmatic (;)) the are lower geared to help with accelaration. remember most small engines are disigned to be town runaround cars

You're not going to get massive acceleration from a 306 with a small engine. They're quite heavy cars as well.

But they give a reasonable account of themselves once on the move. And it's got to be a lot quieter than some crappy 1.2 Corsa